Registrations are being accepted for grade 1 to grade 6 in the Regular Program and Logos Christian Alternative Program starting March 2, 2020 through SchoolZone.
Students new to Edmotnon Public School in grade 1-6 will need to fill out a registration form from which can be picked up from the school office or found here.
All registrations must be completed and submitted before 4:00pm on Wedensday April 15, 2020.
Our Open House is February 25, 2020 from 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Registration opens February 3, 2020.
- Children born in 2015 are eligible to register for Kindergarten for September 2020. Children younger than this will not be considered.
- Registration forms are available in the school office or can be found here.
- Please bring your child’s birth certificate.
- If your child was not immunized in Edmonton, please bring their records.
- We will accomodate all students that reside in our attendance first.
- Applicants from outside our attendance area all have an equal chance of obtaining a space within a program as long as they apply before April 15, 2020 and there is available space.
Early Learning Program
Edmonton Public Schools' Early Years Program at Youngstown provides early supports for children who would benefit from the opportunity to develop their communication and cooperative learning skills. The Pre-Kindergarten Program is for 3 and 4 year olds who could benefit from extra support before starting Kindergarten. The program builds children's strengths and skills in a playful, language-rich environment.
To be placed in Pre-Kindergarten, a child must:
- first attend a screening
- have an assessment from a healthcare provider
Learn more about the Pre-Kindergarten program, and sign up for a screening session to find out if your child is eligible.
- For more information regarding eligibility go here or call Mayfield School at 780-489-5100.
Logos Christian Alternative Program
The Logos Program is an alternative program. It is a fully funded (no tuition) non-denominational Christian program that follows the Alberta Program of Studies and applies Christian morals, values and beliefs into all curriculum areas of study.
The Logos Christian program is sustained through activities such as morning prayers and devotions, Bible readings and scripture memorization, songs and chapels and opportunites to serve others through various service projects.
For more information, see the Edmonton Logos Society website.
Youngstown's Logos program serves the West side of Edmonton. Busing is avaialble for most Logos sttudents.
Interested in registering in our Logos Program? Fill out a registration form (or pick one up from any Edmonton Public School) and return it to Youngstown School by April 15, 2020.
Would you like to learn more about Youngstown or our Logos Program?
We’d be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Give us a call or book a school tour to see the great things happening at Youngstown!